Make the BEST Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteaks in just 20 minutes!
One of the best advantages of using an Air Fryer is just how quick and easy it is to make dinner, which is exactly the case with these Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteaks.
This recipe can easily be done in 20 minutes from start to finish and your family will be fed and ready to head to the next evening activity!
What cut of steak should be used for cheesesteak sandwiches?
The best cheesesteak sandwiches are made with thinly sliced Ribeye Steak. It only takes one 11oz steak to make 4 of these Philly cheesesteaks.
Once the steak is thinly sliced, we will season it with a few pantry-style seasonings before adding it to the air fryer.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteaks:
After the steak is mixed with the seasonings, thinly sliced peppers and onions will be added in and the entire thing will then be air fried in the basket of the air fryer.
These can be made in the Air Fryer, Ninja Foodi, or Ninja Speedi. Each of them will be made the same way with the same method.
After the meat cooks for about 8 minutes, it will then be removed and you will fill each hoagie roll with provolone cheese inside the hoagie roll, and once the meat is added, you another slice on top.
These will be extra cheesy and a family favorite really quickly!
Can you reheat the cheesesteak sandwiches?
Store the leftover cheesesteaks in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
These can be rewarmed in the air fryer at 350*F for 4-5 minutes.
What should you serve Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteaks with?
These cheesesteaks pair wonderfully with a variety of side options such as:
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Truffle Fries
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Potato Salad
- Broccoli Salad
Now it’s time to eat up!
Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteaks
- 1 11oz Ribeye Steak (cut into thin slices)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Cup Green Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 8 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 4 Hoagie Rolls
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sliced ribeye steak with salt, ground pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix until the meat is well-coated.
- Add the bell peppers, onions, and butter. Mix well.
- Place the meat in the basket of the air fryer, Ninja Foodi, or Ninja Speedi.
- Air Fry at 390*F for 7-8 minutes.
- During this time, prepare your hoagies. I like to add butter to the outside before filling them up with the meat mixture.
- Place 1 slice of provolone in the bottom of each bread.
- Once the meat is cooked, fill each hoagie equally.
- Top with another slice of provolone and tuck the cheese into the sides. A toothpick can be used to secure it if needed.
- Air Fry for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted at 390*F.