Air Fryer Mongolian Chicken (Gluten-Free)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a great take-out style meal at home with Air Fryer Mongolian Chicken!
Of course, I have to say that Air Fryer Mongolian Beef is one of my all-time favorites, but this Air Fryer Mongolian Chicken is a great option if you prefer chicken over beef.
I’m trying to mix up my meals and have less red meat at times and more chicken or fish, which can sometimes be a challenge. The kids in my house prefer beef over chicken but when I make chicken in the air fryer, they love it!
Good thing that I love making it in the air fryer too. I use my Ninja Foodi using the Air Fryer function for this meal, but it’s a great way to make it all in one pot too if you have a Ninja Foodi.
Check out more in my store on Amazon!
Tips for making Air Fryer Mongolian Chicken:
We like to use chicken thighs for this as chicken breast tends to dry out some in the air fryer. I do suggest chicken thighs, boneless and skinless.
It’s best to cut the chicken thighs into chunks and then coat them with cornstarch before putting them in the air fryer basket.
Another tip is that if you prefer, you can use aluminum foil in the air fryer that you can roll up on the sides. This will help with mess and clean up too! Just be sure if you use aluminum foil in the air fryer that you leave room for the air to circulate.
It’s easy to make the sauce on the stove if you prefer while the chicken is cooking in a small saucepan.
What sauce do you use for Mongolian Chicken?
The sauce used varies depending on which recipe you choose; however, it’s typically a brown sauce made with soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and/or sesame oil.
It can also have other flavors too such as ginger or added green onions depending on the recipe.
Are you ready for this delicious Air Fryer Mongolian Chicken?
Let’s eat up!
More recipes you may like:
- 1 Pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 2 Tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce or Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- Cooked Rice
- Green Beans
- Green Onions
- Sliced the chicken into small chunks and coat with cornstarch.
- Line the air fryer basket with foil and olive oil cooking spray or spray the basket directly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer and coat with olive oil spray.
- Cook for 12 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Stir up the chicken and coat with olive oil spray.
- Cook for an additional 12 minutes at 390 degrees.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce in a small saucepan on the stove.
- Add the oil, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, water, and sugar to the saucepan.
- Whisk well to combine.
- Warm-up to a low boil.
- Once the chicken is done and the sauce is cooked, place the chicken in a bowl and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Let it soak in for about 5-10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, use tongs or a slotted spoon to remove the chicken and let the sauce drip off.
- Serve it over cooked rice and beans or broccoli.
All air fryers heat differently, so I recommend checking in on the food after about 10 minutes to be sure that it's cooking well.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 2188mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 32g