My Air Fryer obsession continues, this Air Fryer Mongolian Beef is a great dinner option, plus gluten-free too!
Air Fryer Mongolian Beef
Earlier this week, I shared these Air Fryer Fried Pickles, now let’s talk about dinner. So far, my favorite thing to make in the Air Fryer for dinner are Asian inspired meals like this Air Fryer Mongolian Beef.
Basically, I am making all my favorite items from our local Asian restaurant that because I’m gluten-free, I can no longer eat.
It was a sad day until I found out how amazing the Air Fryer is for making all of my favorites! I adapted my Mongolian Beef Egg Roll Bowls to make this tasty air fryer beef recipe.
The key here is to use a super thin steak, like flank steak. I actually ordered grocery pickup when I was planning to make this. They substituted my thin steak and gave me a huge thick steak.
I am now using a Ninja Foodi Air Fryer; however, you can check out a variety of different air fryers in my post on, How to Choose the Right Air Fryer. This is a great Ninja Foodi Recipe!
Of course, any other time that would have been great, but it makes for some tough chewing. That means with these recipes, remember thin steak.
How do you make Air Fryer Mongolian Beef?
The first thing I do after slicing the steak is coat it with cornstarch. It can also be coated with potato starch, whichever you have on hand.
I would not suggest using flour though it does not stick to the meat like the starch does.
We paired ours with white rice and green beans. That is my go-to for these types of meals.
A few others you may want to try are Honey Garlic Chicken and Chicken Teriyaki Bowls.
These are some delicious ways to do dinner in a pinch.
This Mongolian Beef only takes about 10 minutes of cooking on each side. Then, while it’s cooking, you can make the sauce in a small saucepan and the rice too. Once the steak is done, I like to soak it will in the sauce, then serve it up!
That means it’s an easy 30 minute or less dinner, plus you don’t have to turn on the oven either.
Something about that just makes me all sorts of happy!
Enjoy this Air Fryer Mongolian Beef!
More Air Fryer Beef Recipes:
If you want all these recipes right at your fingertips, be sure to grab the e-book that features more air fryer dinner recipes. This e-book features 15 Easy Air Fryer Recipes!
Air Fryer Mongolian Beef
- 1 Lb Flank Steak
- 1/4 Cup Corn Starch
- Grapeseed Oil Cooking Spray
- 2 Tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- Cooked Rice
- Green Beans
- Green Onions
- Thinly slice the steak in long pieces, then coat with the corn starch.
- Place in the Air Fryer and coat with grapeseed oil spray.
- Cook on 390*F for 5 minutes on each side. (Start with 5 minutes and add more time if needed. I cook this for 10 minutes on each side; however, others have suggested that was too long for theirs.)
- While the steak cooks, warm up all sauce ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Whisk the ingredients together until it gets to a low boil.
- Once both the steak and sauce are cooked, place the steak in a bowl with the sauce and let it soak in for about 5-10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, use tongs to remove the steak and let the excess sauce drip off.
- Place steak on cooked rice and green beans, top with additional sauce if you prefer.
Leave a Reply