These Air Fryer Egg Bites are so easy to make in minutes, they can easily be stored to eat throughout the week making them a great meal-prep option.
Air Fryer Egg Bites are made using the Ninja Foodi and the air crisp function.
What do you need to make Air Fryer Egg Bites?
This particular one linked above fits perfectly in the basket of the 8 quart Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker or the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer too.
Along with the egg mold, you will likely want to have your mitts handy as getting it out of the air fryer is a bit tricky and the air fryer is very hot.
Other than this specific item, the rest of the ingredients for the recipe will likely be on hand or you can get creative and add some of your favorite vegetables or meats into the eggs as well.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Egg Bites:
It’s best to mix the ingredients into a glass measuring cup that you can easily pour from right into the mold.
Each spot in the mold will be filled up just about to the top, but do not go fully to the top. As you can see I had a few I went too high on in the picture, go just under the top that way they do not pop over your mold.
The egg bites can be made to your preference by adding in a variety of ingredients such as cheese, peppers, onions, bacon, sausage, and ham. Each of these items can be mixed right in.
Once you have the ingredients mixed in the measuring cup and the egg poured into the mold. Carefully place the mold into the air fryer basket or you can place the mold into the basket before pouring as well.
When ready to cook, you will simply cook at 390*F in the air fryer for 8-12 minutes. This is where you will want to watch closely the first time that you make these because each machine tends to put out a different level of heat.
My Ninja Foodi took just 11 minutes to fully cook to my desired doneness.
When the cooking time is over let them sit for just a few minutes to go down a bit if they’ve popped up. Then, the trickiest part is getting the mold out of the air fryer. I have found it’s easiest to take the basket out with the mold in it and flip the entire thing right onto a cutting board.
This way you will remove the basket and be left with the mold flipped upside down. At that point, you can carefully release the egg bites from the silicone mold. If needed use a spoon to release any that do not want to come out.
Then, you have your Air Fryer Egg Bites all ready to serve. These are great to store in the fridge for about a week after making to heat and serve in the mornings for a protein-filled option.
Pair these with Air Fryer Sausage!
Enjoy these Ninja Foodi Egg Bites!
Air Fryer Egg Bites
- 7 Whole Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Half and Half
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Sweet Onion Chopped
- Shredded or Chopped Bacon or Ham
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Silicone Egg Mold
- In a glass measuring cup, beat together the eggs with the half and half.
- Mix in the bell pepper, onion, and meat of choice.
- Add desired salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into the silicone mold, stopping just below the top of the mold.
- Top with cheese if preferred, before or after cooking.
- Place the mold carefully into the air crisp basket of the Ninja Foodi.
- Place the basket back into the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- Cook using the Air Crisp function at 390*F for 8-12 minutes.
- Check these during the 8-12 minute mark to get to your desired doneness.
- Once done, let sit for about 3-5 minutes to cool in the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- Carefully using the mitts remove the basket of the Ninja Foodi and flip the mold out of the basket onto a cutting board or tray.
- Carefully release the egg bites from the mold and serve. If any get stuck use a spoon to release.