Enjoy your new Air Fryer with these Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Nuggets!
Did you land a new air fryer this season? They were a HOT item this holiday season for sure! I can’t even begin to count how many deals I saw on them.
I actually purchased a Ninja Foodi and I am in LOVE with it! I’m still hoping to give one away soon too, it will most likely be into the new year; however, in the meantime you can make these Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Nuggets with any air fryer.
What do I love about the Ninja Foodi?
What do I not love? This is literally an all-in-one appliance. I’ve used it to saute food, slow cook, air fryer, pressure cook. EVERYTHING! I never have to drag out all these appliances anymore.
It sits on my counter and is ready to go for any type of cooking that I need to do. It’s amazing, I’m honestly just blown away about how someone comes up with something like this and makes it work like that.
It’s pretty impressive.
Now let’s talk about these Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Nuggets!
Tips for Making Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Nuggets
These can be made with chicken breast or chicken thighs. I prefer chicken thighs just because there tends to not be as much potential to dry out as chicken breast does; however, I will say be sure to get all the fat off the thighs before you use them.
Another thing is of course to be sure to use boneless, not bone-in. No need for any bones in there when you are eating those nuggets.
These also need to marinate, so be sure to read the recipe thoroughly and give yourself time to let them sit. It’s a good idea to make these the night before, then just let them sit and soak until dinner.
We actually like to dip these in leftover Chick-Fil-A packets, anyone else save those?
I’m guilty of that, I always end up with way too many, so now you can have your own homemade Chick-Fil-A dinner.
Grab 25 Air Fryer Recipes here!
What do you need for Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Nuggets?
- Boneless Chicken Thighs or Breast
- Pickle Juice
- All-Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil Spray
Now, you are ready to make these Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Nuggets!
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Nuggets
- 2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast or Thighs – Cut into Chunks
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour or Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- Olive Oil Spray or Coconut Oil Spray
- In a Ziploc bag, combine the milk, pickle juice, and egg.
- Place the chicken inside the bag, seal, and let this marinade at least 4 hours or overnight. Be sure to place it inside another bowl or pan in case it leaks.
- Once you are ready to cook the chicken, combine the flour, salt, paprika, and ground pepper in another Ziploc Bag.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade, letting the excess marinade drip off it and then place it inside the bag with the flour mixture.
- Seal and shake the bag so that all the chicken is well coated with the mixture
- Carefully remove the chicken from the bag, shaking off the excess flour and place in the basket of your air fryer.
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Cook in the air fryer on 400* for 8-10 minutes, turn the chicken, spray with cooking oil spray, and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Be sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165*.
Leave a Reply