Make a delicious meal or snacks with this easy Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp. It can be made gluten-free too!
Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp is SO GOOD! It really is the perfect protein to add to a meal or even for a snack too. It gives a great sweet flavor that isn’t overpowering.
What shrimp should you use for Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp?
This recipe is made with cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp. I decided to use X-Large with the tail-on. It worked out really well for this and was a perfect size.
How do you make Gluten-Free Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp?
Just a few swaps are needed to make this gluten-free. I used gluten-free panko breadcrumbs. I purchased these on Amazon and felt like they worked a lot better than the other gluten-free breadcrumbs I have used in the past.
Then, you will want to use a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour. I used Better Batter, but you can use any 1:1 flour that you prefer.
Tips for Making Coconut Shrimp:
This particular shrimp is a process, the first step will be dipping the shrimp in the flour. Once it’s dipped, move on to the beaten egg, letting the excess drip off and then fully coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
A few things to remember, if there isn’t an egg on the shrimp it will not be coated with the mixture. This particular mixture will adhere to the places where the egg is on the shrimp.
It’s also best to use olive oil cooking spray to coat the shrimp within the air fryer, this gives it the golden brown color that you would normally see with fried foods.
We did these in batches, it took about 2-3 batches to cook all the shrimp. It will depend on your air fryer. I also found that I was able to cook it without rotating it.
Usually, I will cook it halfway and then rotate but it evenly cooked on both sides. It’s very important to fully coat the basket of the air fryer with olive oil cooking spray so that the breading does not stick.
Now let’s enjoy this snack! Plus be sure to check out this 10 Minute Air Fryer Shrimp too!
- 12oz Cooked, Peeled, and Deveined Tail-On Shrimp
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3/4 Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- Olive Oil Spray
- Start by preparing the ingredients, one bowl for the flour, one for the egg.
- Do an additional bowl for breadcrumbs and coconut, add in a dash of salt if preferred to this bowl too.
- Dip each shrimp in flour, then egg and let the excess drip off.
- Then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with olive oil cooking spray and place shrimp in air fryer, coat the shrimp with cooking spray.
- Heat the air fryer to 355*F and cook the shrimp for 10 minutes.
- Check on it 1/2 way through cook time and coat with additional olive oil cooking spray if preferred.
Start with amounts above and if you do need more of something add more if needed to avoid having a ton of excess.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 361mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g