Make the BEST Breakfast with this Air Fryer Baked Oatmeal in our Banana Bread Flavor, it will melt in your mouth!
Want to know what my new favorite thing to make in the Air Fryer is? Air Fryer Baked Oatmeal! Not only baked oatmeal but this Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal.
It was so good that I could hardly get through the pictures without them disappearing.
If you want other baked oatmeal options, check out this Oven Baked Oatmeal or Ninja Foodi Baked Oatmeal.
What is baked oatmeal?
The main difference between regular oatmeal and baked oatmeal is the texture of the oats. Baked Oatmeal is going to result in tasting almost like a baked oatmeal cookie versus more liquid like traditional oats.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Baked Oatmeal:
Remember to use Ramekins!
These ramekins are a great dish to have on hand when using the air fryer as you can use them for a variety of different baked goods that are made in the air fryer.
This recipe is going to start with preheating the air fryer, then you will proceed with adding the ramekins to the air fryer to bake the oatmeal.
As with all machines, they heat differently so around 10 minutes check in on the oatmeal, then continue cooking if needed until 12 minutes. I like these to be between 160°F-165°F to be considered done.
This can be checked with a food thermometer or simply by placing a toothpick in the deepest part and if it comes out clean then they are ready to eat!
This recipe will make 4 ramekins, which are 1/2 cup or 4oz. This is perfect for 2 or 4!
Variations of Air Fryer Baked Oatmeal:
- Chocolate Chips – Mix in chocolate chips to the Banana Oatmeal right after it’s been cooked, this is our personal favorite!
- Walnuts – Top the Banana Oatmeal with Chopped Walnuts to taste similar to Banana Bread.
- Pumpkin – Swap the banana in the recipe for 1/2 cup pumpkin and add 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice to make pumpkin oatmeal.
- Fresh Fruit – Top your banana oatmeal with a variety of fresh fruit.
Can you make baked oatmeal in the Ninja Foodi?
Baked Oatmeal can be made in the Ninja Foodi, if you want to use this recipe use the “Air Crisp” function of your machine.
All other instructions will remain the same.
How do you make Gluten-Free Air Fryer Baked Oatmeal?
The only swap needed to make this gluten-free is to use certified gluten-free old-fashioned oats. All other ingredients will remain the same.
Now it’s time to enjoy this Air Fryer Baked Oatmeal!
Air Fryer Baked Oatmeal
- 4 4oz Ramekins
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular Old Fashioned Oats
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Whole Egg
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Medium Banana (Peeled)
- Brown Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Chopped Walnuts
- Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F for 5 minutes.
- While the air fryer is heating, combine all ingredients in order into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the ingredients well until combined.
- Coat each ramekin with nonstick baking spray.
- Evenly pour the oat mixture into each ramekin, this will fill up 4 4oz(1/2 cup) ramekins.
- Carefully place the ramekins in the air fryer to fit.
- Air Fry at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until nicely browned on top.
- Remove and serve with garnishes of choice.