Easy Air Fryer Meatballs with tangy sauce makes for a great, quick meal right in the air fryer. These can also be made as Ninja Foodi Meatballs too!
Air Fryer Meatballs make for a great recipe to add to the list of Easy Air Fryer Beef Recipes. These are made in just about 30 minutes or less and full of flavor.
Tips for making Air Fryer Meatballs:
The key to these meatballs is the SAUCE, don’t skip on the sauce because that’s where the flavor comes from for these.
My aunt shared this meatball recipe with me many years ago when I first got married. She made it in large batches for her family; however, I cut this down to just 1 pound of ground beef to make it a great fit for the air fryer.
This feeds about 4 well, making 9-10 meatballs. These are not the small ones you get at the store in the bags of frozen meatballs, these are large meatballs.
That means the serving size is usually about 2 meatballs.
They need to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees, check this with a quick read thermometer.
Can you use foil in the air fryer for air fryer meatballs?
Yes, you can use foil for this recipe; however, I just put them directly on my basket which worked out just fine. I was also recently told about these parchment paper sheets, which are great for the air fryer too.
That’s another option if you prefer. The key to using foil or parchment paper is to be sure that the air still has room to circulate so that the food is still cooked. If I use foil I roll it up on the sides so the air can still get through.
I felt like by using just the basket for these, the meatballs cooked evenly.
What should you serve with air fryer meatballs?
Easy Air Fryer Meatballs are easy to serve with mashed potatoes or baked potatoes, plus green beans or corn. We think of these as a comfort meal and that usually pairs well with potatoes.
If you have a Ninja Foodi, you can even cook your mashed potatoes right inside the pot of the Ninja Foodi while the meatballs cook too.
Now, are you ready to make some easy air fryer meatballs? It’s time to cook these up!
Easy Air Fryer Meatballs (Gluten-Free)
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 3/4 Cup Old Fashioned Oats or Gluten-Free Oats
- 1/4 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Liquid Smoked
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the meatloaf ingredients, mixing well.
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray.
- Add about tablespoon-sized meatballs or size to your preference to the air fryer.
- Once they are all in the basket, coat with olive oil spray.
- Cook in the air fryer for 12 minutes at 390 degrees.
- While this is cooking, combine the sauce ingredients into a small bowl or mixing glass.
- Heat this in the microwave for about 30 seconds, just warm enough so the sugar dissolves.
- Once the 12 minutes are up, carefully open the lid and check the meatballs using a meat thermometer. They should be at least 165 degrees to be done, if not cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Once they reach 165 degrees, use a brush and coat them with sauce.
- Once coated, air fryer for another 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove and serve.