Looking for a quick and delicious meal that will be made right in the Air Fryer? Look no further than these mouthwatering air fryer chicken kabobs!
Most of us probably think of the grill when we think chicken kabobs, but you can easily make them using your Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi too.
Plus, the best part is they still have that same wonderful flavor and grilled texture without having to fire up the grill.
Why make Chicken Kabobs on the Air Fryer?
The Air Fryer has several advantages such as rapidly cooking the chicken kabobs more evenly than they would be on the grill.
This is because of how the air circulates in the air fryer.
These are typically ready to eat in about 9 minutes depending on the heat your air fryer puts out.
Remember these can be made in the Ninja Foodi, Ninja Speedi, or Ninja Foodi Grill too. They can be made in any machine with the Air Fryer Function, in a Ninja, you would use the Air Crisp Function.
Can you put wooden or metal skewers in the Air Fryer?
These can be made on either a metal or wooden skewer. Personally, I prefer a metal skewer such as these 6-inch skewers.
Wooden skewers take a bit more prep work to get ready for the air fryer, you can find more on that in this article.
Many times wooden skewer sticks splinter, which is why we prefer metal skewers. Metal skewers can also be washed and reused.
We made these kabobs on 6-inch skewers so that they would adequately fit in the Air Fryer.
How long does it take to make?
This chicken is soaked in a marinade FIRST before cooking, that process takes 2 hours or more.
I would suggest preparing the chicken either the night before you plan to serve it or the morning of and then letting it soak in the fridge throughout the day.
The marinade we use is adapted from these Glazed Chicken Thighs, you can use any marinade you prefer; however, whichever one you use will directly impact the flavor of your chicken and vegetables.
Once the chicken is marinaded, it only takes about 9-10 minutes to fully cook. The internal temperature needs to be at least 165*F, which can be checked with a meat thermometer.
What should you pair Air Fryer Chicken Kabobs with?
This dish pairs well with a variety of vegetables or with Ninja Foodi Rice.
It’s time to indulge in the great flavors and taste of Air Fryer Chicken Kabobs, plus they are full of great protein and vegetables! With the convenience of the Air Fryer, you can easily make dinner in minutes with this simple recipe.
Plus…look how pretty they look! Don’t tell your friends they only took you a few minutes to make.
Air Fryer Chicken Kabobs
- 2 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs (6-8 Chicken Thighs)
- 2 Tbsp Gluten-Free or Regular Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Gluten-Free Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Zucchini
- Begin by slicing the chicken into small bite size chunks, place it in a Ziploc bag.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic. Mix this up well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the bag with the chicken and seal the bag.
- Shake it up to coat the chicken. Lay the bag flat in a pan and place in the fridge for 2 or more hours to marinate.
- When ready to make these, prepare the vegetables. Dice them all into small chunks to fit on the skewer sticks.
- On each skewer stick build it with your choice of vegetables and rotate the chicken on the sticks.
- Preheat the air fryer at 390*F for 5 minutes.
- Coat the basket with grapeseed oil spray.
- Evenly place the skewers into the basket to fit, leaving space around each one for the air to circulate.
- Air Fry at 390*F for 7-9 minutes, it's best to rotate them halfway through the cooking time. The internal temperature should be at least 165*F to be considered done.
Leave a Reply