Make delicious Air Fryer Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes in your Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer!
If you enjoyed these Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes, then you will love this version using Sweet Potatoes.
These are wonderful to pair with Air Fryer Turkey Breast to make a complete meal.
We actually like to use this recipe if we are doing a small-scale holiday dinner, but even just a nice family dinner this works as a great side dish too.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes:
It’s best to use medium-large sweet potatoes for this, remember that you will be baking them first which takes just over 30 minutes, and then cooking them again.
These potatoes do not need to be soaked before cooking, but you do want to wash them well and then rub them with a bit of oil before cooking.
This will help make the skin crispy.
Remember to give them space in the basket around them so that air will circulate evenly around the potatoes. We usually fit about 3-4 halves in our Ninja Air Fryer.
Once they are baked, you will scoop out the inside and mix them up with a butter and brown sugar mixture and then add them back into the potatoes.
It reminds me of an individual version of sweet potato casserole.
We love to top these with marshmallows, cinnamon, and pecans. It’s the perfect sweet and savory side dish.
Can these be made in a Ninja Foodi?
These can be made in the Ninja Foodi using the Air Crisp function.
The steps and method will be exactly the same just using Air Crisp to make Ninja Foodi Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes.
If you enjoy these, you will love these Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries too!
Air Fryer Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (Medium-Large)
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 4 Tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Pecan Pieces, Optional
- Rub or spray potatoes with oil and place them into the air fryer basket or basket of the Ninja Foodi.
- Cook at 400*F for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the potatoes and slice them in half. Let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Scoop out the middle leaving a border along the potato skin for structure.
- Place the scooped out portion into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add butter, milk, brown sugar, and cinnamon to the potatoes and mash or beat on low speed until well blended.
- Top each potato skin with the potato mixture evenly, 1/4 of the mixture in each potato.
- Carefully place the potatoes back into the air fryer basket.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes at 400*F. The inside should be hot and pecans toasted, but not burnt.