Make a quick and easy meal in the Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi with this Air Fryer Shrimp Po’Boy Recipe!
This recipe features Air Fryer Shrimp and in this case, I simply season it with the Cajun seasoning instead of breading it.
How do you make the shrimp for an Air Fryer Shrimp Po’Boy?
If you prefer breaded shrimp, check out this recipe for Air Fried Shrimp, which can be breaded first before adding it to the sandwich.
In this case, I simply mixed cooked shrimp with Cajun Seasoning and then cook it in the Air Fryer before topping it onto the sandwich.
The key to this sandwich is in the Remoulade Sauce.
What is Remoulade Sauce?
Remoulade Sauce is a cold sauce that you will be spreading right on the bun of the sandwich. This sauce is similar to a Tartar Sauce with a Mayonnaise being the primary ingredient.
Remoulade Sauce will include a bit spicier ingredients such as horse radish mustard and Cajun Seasoning, which you would not find in Tartar Sauce.
Tips for Making an Air Fryer Shrimp Po’Boy:
A shrimp po’ boy is best made on a French Baguette or thin, crusty bread. We used baguettes and cut them into smaller sandwich-size pieces.
Then, you can top it with your favorite toppings such as pickles, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and more.
If you prefer to make these gluten-free, simply serve them on a gluten-free bun. As always be sure all ingredients you used are free of cross-contamination too.
We used cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp for this recipe so the cooking time for the shrimp is just about 10 minutes.
This Po Boy can be served hot or cold, so if you want it warm just put the sandwich in the air fryer for about 2-3 minutes on 360*F and it will warm right up.
Now it’s time to enjoy this Air Fryer Shrimp Po’Boy!
Air Fryer Shrimp Po’ Boy
- 1 Bag Small Shrimp (Cooked, Peeled, and Deveined)
- 2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 6 Sub Rolls
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sliced Tomato
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Horse Radish Mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Hot Sauce
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Begin by combining all sauce ingredients into a small bowl, whisk this well until the sauce is formed.
- Set the sauce in the fridge while continuing to make the sandwiches.
- Coat the basket of the air fryer with grapeseed oil spray.
- Place the shrimp into a bowl and mix it with the Cajun seasoning, fully coating the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in the greased air fryer basket and cook in the Air Fryer, 360*F for 10 minutes, mixing it up during cooking time to evenly cook.
- Once done, build your sandwiches by slathering the sub rolls with sauce, adding lettuce and tomato then topping with shrimp.