Make a great, easy meal with this Air Fryer Sesame Shrimp!
Air Fryer Shrimp is so simple to make and it’s even better with a boost of flavor like this Air Fryer Sesame Shrimp!
If you love Air Fryer Sesame Chicken, then you will really enjoy this shrimp too. It’s great served over a bed of rice with some vegetables or just serve as is too!
Can you make this gluten-free?
This shrimp recipe can easily be made gluten-free with a few swaps.
In order to make this air fryer sesame shrimp gluten-free, you will need to use gluten-free soy sauce and gluten-free hoisin sauce.
Other than that, all other ingredients should be naturally gluten-free.
What is the best shrimp to use in the air fryer?
I almost always use small or medium frozen shrimp in the air fryer. I always use tail-off, deveined, and cooked shrimp. This means I am simply heating it up in the air fryer.
This recipe uses cooked shrimp, so remember this because the cooking times will be different with raw shrimp.
Larger-size shrimp can also be used for this recipe; however, remember that will cause it to be a different serving size, so just keep that in mind.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Sesame Shrimp:
The sesame sauce for this recipe will be made in a saucepan, then it will be cooked in the air fryer.
It’s best to put the shrimp in a strainer and rinse it off to get all the ice off the shrimp if you are using frozen shrimp.
Once your sauce is heated up, you will simply coat the shrimp with the sauce and then place it in the basket of the air fryer or if you are using the air fryer function on your oven, it can be placed on a baking sheet.
Then, it’s time to air fry at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-12 minutes. The time will vary depending on the amount of heat that your air fryer puts off.
It’s best to check the shrimp with a meat thermometer and it should be at about 145*F to be considered ready to eat. Remember though this recipe is done with cooked shrimp, so it’s already ready to eat but you are just warming it up.
Check out more Air Fryer Shrimp Recipes!
Air Fryer Sesame Shrimp
- 16 oz Frozen Shrimp (Peeled, Tail-Off, Deveined – Small or Medium Size)
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce or Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 5 Tsp Hoisin Sauce or Gluten-Free Hoisin Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- 2 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Cold Water
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Begin by running cold water over the shrimp to loosen up any of the ice built on the shrimp.
- In a small saucepan on medium-high heat begin to prepare the sauce.
- Add into the saucepan the soy sauce, brown sugar, orange juice, hoisin sauce, ground ginger, garlic, and sesame seeds.
- In a small mixing cup, whisk together the water and cornstarch and set aside.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients keeping it on medium-high heat until it starts to boil.
- Once it starts to boil, whisk in the cornstarch mixture and whisk in until it's dissolved and thickened, removing it from the heat.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and pour the sauce over it, completely coating the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook on Air Fry at 360*F for 10-12 minutes.
- Once done, carefully remove and serve as is or over cooked rice and beans.