Make these EASY and delicious Air Fryer Pizza Dippers or Air Fryer Calzone in minutes in your Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi!
If you enjoyed these Air Fryer Garlic Bread Pizzas, then you will really love these Air Fryer Pizza Dippers. They remind me of calzone, made right in the air fryer.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Pizza Dippers:
It’s best to use parchment when making these to keep the air fryer easily cleaned.
This makes for some easy clean-up when you are ready to just eat and relax.
Air Fryer Pizza Dippers are made using refrigerated pizza dough such as the canned Pillsbury Pizza Crust or Dough. This makes it a quick meal to prepare.
It’s also important to use a block of mozzarella cheese as opposed to shredded mozzarella cheese.
The shredded cheese has cellulose in it to keep it from sticking together. That means it will not melt as nicely as the block of mozzarella or fresh mozzarella.
Can you add different toppings?
This recipe can be made with any pizza toppings including a Hawaiian-style pizza with bacon and pineapple or a meaty pizza, even chicken alfredo too.
It really can be customized to your preference.
How do you store the leftovers?
If you have leftovers, it’s best to wrap the leftovers in plastic and then place them in the fridge.
When you are ready to eat it, simply reheat the cooked pizza bread for about 35-30 seconds in the microwave, then place it in the air fryer at 350*F for 4 minutes or until it’s nice and warm. Remember to unwrap it first.
This will make those leftovers taste much better than simply out of the microwave.
Now it’s time to eat up!
Air Fryer Pizza Dippers
- 13.8 oz Package or Can Refrigerated Pizza Dough Pillsbury
- 8 oz Brick Mozzarella Cheese Thinly Sliced
- 3 oz Pepperoni Any Kind
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Egg
- Marinara Sauce or Ranch for Dipping
- Chopped Parsley to Garnish
- Beat egg in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix parmesan, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in another small bowl and set aside.
- On a lightly floured cutting board or sheet pan, unroll the pizza dough and cut it in half to form two rectangles.
- Working with one dough piece at a time, arrange a few slices of mozzarella on half of the dough, leaving space around the edges. Add a thin layer of pepperoni, a few slices of mozzarella, and a sprinkle of the parmesan mixture.
- Fold the other half of the dough over the filling.
- Brush the edges with the beaten egg.
- Crimp the edges by rolling or pinching them together with your fingers.
- Brush lightly with the egg, sprinkle with salt.
- Repeat these steps for the other piece of dough.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350*F for about 3 minutes.
- Once preheated, you can add in a piece of parent paper to fit.
- Place one pizza bread in the basket and bake 8-10 minutes or until golden browned and cooked through.
- Repeat with the other pizza bread.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes, then cut into strips.
- Garnish with leftover parmesan and parsley.
- Serve with marinara or ranch dressing.