Make these easy Air Fryer Hot Dogs, these take only 5 minutes and have a wonderful grilled taste and texture!
Just like these Air Fryer Frozen French Fries, Air Fryer Hot Dogs are also an easy go-to and popular food to make in the air fryer. These are made in just 5 minutes with no pre-heating. The result? A hot dog that tastes grilled without the hassle of actually grilling them!
Let’s get started on making these Air Fryer Hot Dogs.
How long does it take to cook hotdogs in the air fryer?
It only takes 3-5 minutes, most air fryers will take 5 minutes; however, you can check them after 3 minutes to see if they are done to your liking.
The texture and taste will be very similar to cooking them on the grill.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Hot Dogs:
It’s best to place the bun in the air fryer within the final minute of the cooking time or you can add an additional minute after you take the hot dogs out to cook the buns.
This gives the buns a nice toasted texture, perfect to go over that air fryer hot dog.
They can also be cooked in the air fryer in the bun, but you would need to decrease the cooking time if you do this.
Another tip is to cut a slit down the middle of the hot dog, not all the way through but just about halfway. This helps it cook evenly all throughout the hot dog.
These hot dogs are full of flavor, much better than simply boiling or microwaving them. They have a great smoked flavor that you would expect if you grilled hot dogs.
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- 8 Beef Hot Dogs
- Hot Dogs Buns
- Toppings of Choice
- Begin by carefully slicing the hot dog lightly on one side, do not cut all the way through, just add a slit to the top.
- Coat the air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray or the spray of your choice.
- Evenly add the hot dogs, cook at 390*F for 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve with your choice of toppings.
- If preferred, you can add the buns in the final 1 minute of cooking and toast them.