Make this Easy Air Fryer Granola, perfect for breakfast or to top over some yogurt!
Making Air Fryer Granola is so simple and easy to do and you get that same crunchy granola that you would get in the oven, but this time use your air fryer.
This recipe can easily be made in a Ninja Foodi or Ninja Speedi using the Air Crisp Function.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Granola:
This recipe is going to start by mixing together the dry ingredients and then combining those with the wet ingredients.
It’s best to use a Danish Dough Whisk to combine these instead of a traditional whisk, the granola will get stuck in a traditional whisk.
Once you have it combined, simply pour it into your air fryer basket and spread it evenly.
If you are using an oven Air Fryer Function, then you can pour it right into an Air Fryer Basket for the Oven.
What about the chocolate chips?
We tried this a few ways regarding the chocolate chips.
First, we cooked the chocolate chips with the granola, this method works well but you MUST remember to stir up the granola more often to keep the chocolate from burning.
The next option as you can see in the picture below is to simply add the chocolate chips while the granola is cooling. This gives the chocolate time to melt a bit but it also keeps its shape. We preferred this method!
How long can you keep Air Fryer Granola?
This granola can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1-2 weeks.
It’s easy to use topped over yogurt, ice cream, or served with milk.
How do you make Gluten-Free Air Fryer Granola?
If you need this recipe to be made gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats along with checking all ingredients to be sure that they are also gluten-free.
The remaining ingredients should be naturally gluten-free; however, it’s always best to check for cross-contamination when choosing the brands of products at the store.
Troubleshooting – Why isn’t my Granola Crunchy?
This recipe uses Old Fashioned Oats, which WILL make your granola nice and crunchy.
If you use Quick Oats, these are cut much smaller and will give your granola a softer texture. If you use Quick Oats it will look different than what is pictured.
Air Fryer Granola is so simple to make and easy to make large batches of as well, enjoy this recipe!
Add it to your list of Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes.
Air Fryer Granola
- 1 1/4 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 Tbsp Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter (See Note)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (See Note)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the oats, brown sugar, walnuts, pecans, and ground cinnamon. Mix this well.
- Add the olive oil, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Mix until the ingredients are well mixed and the dry ingredients are incorporated with the wet. You will have a thick mixture. I like to use the Danish dough whisk, but you can use a mixing spoon or large fork. A regular whisk will cause the mixture to get stuck in the middle.
- Pour the mixture into the air fryer basket and spread evenly.
- Air Fry at 300°F for 20 minutes, mixing 3-4 times throughout the cooking time.
- Once it's nice and golden, spread the granola on a tray or cookie sheet to cool completely.
- Add the chocolate chips in when you spread the granola to cool. (See Note)
- Serve and enjoy!