Make the BEST Air Fryer Dinner Rolls from Scratch, they are even easier than you think!
Do you get intimidated when thinking about making your own bread from scratch? It’s actually WAY easier than you think, so take a chance and make these easy Air Fryer Dinner Rolls from scratch.
These dinner rolls use pantry-style ingredients and come out with just enough to add one to your dinner or your upcoming holiday dinner too.
Can you make these in the Ninja Foodi?
This recipe can be made in the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer or Multi-Cooker the same way as listed in these instructions, just use Air Crisp instead.
What parchment paper works best for the Air Fryer?
It’s best to make these using parchment paper so that they do not stick to the bottom of the basket.
Regular parchment paper that’s rolled up on the sides will work as long as air can still circulate; however, it’s even better to use one that is made for the air fryer.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Dinner Rolls from Scratch:
If you just need to know how to heat dinner rolls in the air fryer, be sure to check out this dinner rolls recipe.
This recipe today will be using flour and yeast to make them yourself right at home and from scratch, which is the best way to go!
The most important part is to get your yeast fully activated, so it’s best to have a thermometer to be sure the water you use is warm enough to cause the yeast to get foamy.
Use a dough whisk to get the flour incorporated as this is best so that the flour doesn’t get stuck in the whisk.
A food thermometer is also a good thing to have on hand to be sure they are fully cooked in the middle. These need to reach an internal temperature of 190*F to be considered done.
Making Air Fryer Dinner Rolls from scratch is so easy and it’s a great addition to your weekly dinner night!
Air Fryer Dinner Rolls from Scratch
- 3/4 Cup Warm Water (95-100 Degrees F)
- 1 Tbsp Active Dry Yeast
- 2 Tbsp Cane Sugar or Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp Water
- In a mixing bowl, combine the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Mix slightly until the yeast activates.
- Once activated it will foam, then add in the oil and egg, mix well to combine.
- Add in the flour and salt.
- Mix the flour until it's incorporated, you can use a stand mixer or a dough whisk to mix this together. A regular whisk does not work as well because the dough gets trapped. This needs to be mixed until well combined and all the flour is in a nice ball, you can use hands to mix this and finish it as well.
- Once you have a nice dough ball, place it into an oiled bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rise for 1 hour or at least double in size.
- Place the dough on a working surface and cut it into 7 pieces about 3oz each.
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper, then place the rolls on the parchment.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water.
- Use a pastry brush to brush onto the dough, giving an egg wash to each roll.
- Air Fry at 320*F for 10-11 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 190*F.
- Carefully remove the rolls and place on a cooling rack.
- Serve and Enjoy!