Make the BEST Air Fryer Cornish Hens in less than an hour in the Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer!
If you want a fancy meal without a lot of hassle, these Air Fryer Cornish Hens are a perfect choice.
If you are new to the air fryer, this is actually such an easy recipe it’s a great one for a newbie too!
How long does it take to cook a cornish hen in the air fryer?
It takes about 40 minutes to fully cook a cornish hen in the air fryer at 360*F. That is with no preheating or really much prep time at all.
It is best to carefully flip the cornish hen after about 20 minutes of cook time, to be sure it’s evenly cooked on all sides.
The skin comes out perfectly crisp and with very little oil needed!
What is the best seasoning to use on Air Fryer Cornish Hens?
These can be seasoned with your favorite seasoning of choice; however, for us, these are the ones that we regularly use.
It’s also best to give the cornish hen a nice coat of oil spray, the best one to use is Grapeseed Oil Spray as it has a higher smoke point. I have used Olive Oil Cooking Spray as well though and it worked just as well.
How do you make Cornish Hens in the Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker?
This recipe and method for cornish hens can be done in the Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker using the air crisp lid and the air crisp function.
The entire method along with time and temperature would be exactly the same as stated in the recipe.
- 2 (1-1.5lb) Cornish Hens (Thawed)
- No-Salt Added Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Grapeseed Oil Spray
- Begin by preparing the cornish hens, pat them completely dry and use the seasoning and rub it over the hens evenly. Remove the giblet too if needed.
- Using the seasoning, rub it evenly over the cornish hens. We use Mrs. Dash No-Salt Added Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
- Carefully place the hens breast side down into the basket of the air fryer.
- Coat the cornish hens with grapeseed oil spray evenly, then cook at 360*F for 20 minutes.
- Carefully rotate the cornish hens and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes until the internal temperature reaches at least 165*F.
- Carefully remove and let rest for 10 minutes then cut and serve.
The calorie count is going to vary depending on seasoning and spray used and amount of the hen eaten.
All air fryers heat differently, so it's best to check on the hen around 30 minutes with a meat thermometer the first time you make these to be sure it does not overcook.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1235Total Fat: 89gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 58gCholesterol: 594mgSodium: 688mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 101g