Make an easy classic side dish with this Air Fryer Corn Casserole, which pairs wonderfully with a variety of proteins!
If you are planning to make an Air Fryer Turkey Breast soon, then I HIGHLY suggest you pair it with this Air Fryer Corn Casserole! It’s the perfect dinner!
How do you make gluten-free air fryer corn casserole?
If you need this to be made gluten-free, just switch the flour for a gluten-free all-purpose flour. This needs to be a 1:1 swap.
I typically use Better Batter, but King Arthur and Cup 4 Cup or also great choices.
Is Corn Casserole supposed to be gooey?
Corn Casserole is not going to be totally solid, so it will be slightly gooey but it should also hold its shape well. If it is soupy, then you would want to add some additional flour to thicken it up.
What type of pan is needed for Air Fryer Corn Casserole?
This dish is made in a 9-inch round cake pan and then placed in the basket of the air fryer.
Any 8 or 9-inch pan can be used but it has to fit in your machine, each machine is different so you will want to use one that fits your particular machine.
Can you make Ninja Foodi Corn Casserole?
This recipe can be made in ANY Ninja Foodi that has the AIR CRISP or AIR FRYER functions.
This recipe was made in a Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker, it uses the wire rack and then the pan is sitting on top of the wire rack in the lowest position.
Tips for Preparing:
When preparing this recipe, everything will be added to a bowl and mixed up then poured into the greased pan.
It’s important to remember that the butter may harden up slightly when mixed with frozen corn. This is okay and it will melt right back down when cooking.
This is mixed the best with a Danish dough whisk or a wooden spoon.
Variations for Air Fryer Corn Casserole:
- Make it Spicy – Add red pepper flakes and chili powder to add some spice to the dish.
- Make it Kid-Friendly – Add Colby Jack cheese into the mixture when it’s almost cooked and let it melt until golden brown.
- Choose your Own – This dish can be spun in a variety of ways, add Italian Seasoning for an Italian flare, or keep it simple with some garlic and onion powder.
Enjoy this delicious dish!
Air Fryer Creamy Corn Casserole
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter, Melted
- 1/4 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Bacon Bits
- 1 Cup Frozen Sweet Corn (or Canned Corn)
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 14.75 oz Can Cream Style Corn
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Grease a baking pan that will fit your machine. This recipe used a 9-inch baking pan to fit a Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker. This can be coated with butter or sprayed and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix in the butter, flour, and sugar. Mix until well combined. This works best with a Danish Whisk, but you can use a mixing spoon if you prefer or a regular whisk.
- Add the bacon bits and mix to coat.
- Add the frozen corn and continue mixing. The corn will make the butter a bit solid and this is okay, this will happen when using frozen corn.
- Add the sour cream, milk, cream corn, eggs, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Place the dish in the basket of your machine or you can use the wire rack if you are using a Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker to place the pan on.
- Air Fry at 310°F for 28 minutes. Around the 23-minute mark, take a look at it and see how it's doing. The dish is cooked when the top is golden brown.
- Let the dish rest for 10 minutes then serve.