In minutes make this wonderful dinner with Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak it’s also easy to make gluten-free too!
One of our favorite meals is this Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak, it’s easy to make in the air fryer without all that extra oil, plus you can make it gluten-free too.
How do you make Gluten-Free Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak?
If you would like to make this gluten-free, simply swap the flour for a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour. I prefer to use Better Batter, but any 1:1 flour will do.
If you want to top it with gravy, also use gluten-free gravy as well.
That’s all you need to make this Gluten-Free.
What cut of steak should you use for Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak?
The first thing to note is that this works the best with a cube steak. A cube steak is extremely tender and is pounded basically by a meat tenderizer. It makes it great for chicken fried steak because it’s tender and just melts in your mouth.
It’s also the right thickness too about 1/4 inch or so thick and fairly inexpensive.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak:
This steak will be dipped in a flour mixture, coated with an egg and milk mixture, and dipped again in the flour mixture. This gives it a thicker coating of breading.
It is up to you if you want to add more seasonings to the flour mixture as well, you really have control over how much salt, pepper, and other seasonings you would like to add.
Steak seasoning also tastes great in the flour mixture as well.
Remember, you will need some oil to make this but not a lot. It’s best to use a cooking oil spray like grapeseed oil or coconut oil. I do prefer olive oil cooking spray from Pompeian Oils; however, if you prefer one with a higher smoke point, use grapeseed.
Pair this dish with Air Fryer Green Beans!
Now, are you ready for a great bite?
Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak (Gluten-Free)
- 4 Cube Steaks Around 1/3 Lb
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp Steak Seasoning
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- Cooking Oil Spray of Choice
- Cooked Gravy
- Begin by making sure the steak is about 1/4 inch thick, not too thick and not too thin.
- Combine the flour and seasoning into one shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Coat the air fryer basket with cooking oil of your choice, then preheat to 390*F for about 5 minutes.
- While it's preheating, go ahead and prepare the steak.
- Dip each steak into the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Coat with egg and milk mixture.
- Dip in the flour mixture again.
- Place the steak in the greased air fryer basket.
- Cook at 390*F for 6-8 minutes until your desired doneness.
- Serve with cooked, warm gravy.
Absolutely delicious, the Wonder Hubbie LOVED it.
Do you not flip them or spritz with any oil?
I didn’t, but you can do that if you prefer.
Doesn’t look good to eat. Did the 8 minutes and still wasn’t done. Taste was ok. Won’t use again. Did like the gravy recipe.