Use the air fryer to warm up these delicious Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos, easy to make and even better to eat!
After making batches and batches of breakfast burritos, we found that they are even better when heated up in the Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi, so that’s what led us to this recipe!
The Air Fryer gets them nice and warm with a little crisp tortilla that just finishes them off, very similar to a Breakfast Chimichanga.
Can you make these gluten-free?
This recipe can be made gluten-filled or gluten-free, the only thing to swap are the flour tortillas.
If you plan to make these gluten-free, these Gluten-Free Flour Tortillas from Mission work the absolute best for this recipe.
Can the burritos be wrapped in aluminum foil before placing them in the Air Fryer?
These burritos can be wrapped in foil if you prefer or they can be placed in the Air Fryer unwrapped, this is totally up to you.
If you wrap them in foil, they will stay warm for a longer period of time for instance if you are preparing them for a large group and need to keep them warm until your guests arrive.
If you do wrap them in foil, the burritos will stay soft in the air fryer and will not be crispy or crunchy on the outside.
Can you freeze breakfast burritos?
If you only need a few burritos, you can freeze the remaining burritos by wrapping them up and then placing them in a freezer-safe storage bag.
If you are planning to freeze them, do not air fry them until you are ready to serve them.
Once you are ready to serve them, you can take the foil-wrapped burrito and cook it in the air fryer at 360 degrees F for 7-10 minutes.
Again if you want a crispy burrito, then remove the foil first.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos:
It’s best to use a lean ground sausage, but if you have extra grease it can be drained before adding all the ingredients into the skillet.
This recipe can also use Potatoes O’Brien or a frozen hash brown that already has the peppers in it too.
If you are using a Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker, you can prepare all of your ingredients for the burritos right in the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
Use a skillet on the stove to prepare the stuffing for the burritos if you do not have a Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker.
Now are you ready for a good breakfast? Enjoy these Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos!
Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Cubed Frozen Hash Browns
- 1 Lb Ground Pork Sausage
- 1/4 Cup Diced Yellow Onion
- 1/4 Cup Diced Green or Red Bell Peppers
- 8 Large Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 Gluten-Free or Regular Sized Flour Tortillas
- In a large skillet, heat up the oil.
- Cook the hash brown until golden brown and remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add sausage, onion, and peppers to the skillet and cook until no pink remains, drain if needed.
- Add hash browns back to the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs until lightly beaten.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet and cook until set, stirring frequently.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360*F for 3 minutes.
- Spoon the filling onto the bottom 1/3 of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold sides and then ends over and roll up as tightly as possible.
- Place in the air fryer and cook for 5-7 minutes, flipping over halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve immediately.
- If making extras, foil wrap them and freeze them before cooking. Then, when ready to serve, follow the air fryer instructions. Add 1-2 extra minutes to defrost.