It’s easy to make these Air Fryer Apple Pies in just 8 minutes with a store-bought crust and apple pie filling, a simple air-fried dessert!
Are you craving an easy dessert? These Air Fryer Apple Pies were a hit at our house and take just 8 minutes in the air fryer to make. So quick and easy!
This turned out to be a fun dessert especially as we head into the fall.
Tips to Make Air Fryer Apple Pies:
The key here is figuring out how many will fit in your air fryer. We decided to use store-bought pie crust for these, I used a box of refrigerated pie crust that included 2 crust, you will want to use both of them to make 4 apple pies.
The first thing to do will be to cut the pie crust into 4 equal parts, you can do this to both of the pie crust. Once you have them cut, you will fill half of it with the apple pie filling and use the half that isn’t topped with filling as the top layer to the pie crust.
Once you have the bottom layer, pie filling, and top layer, simply seal it with a fork, pressing the edges together.
It’s so easy!
Now for the browning of the crust, this works the best with a beaten egg, simply use 2 eggs and whisk them together really well. Use a brush and brush it over the top layer of crust, then add a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
Once that’s done, you can just add them right to the air fryer or coat it with some coconut or olive oil spray first.
Can you use homemade apple pie filling?
I used canned apple pie filling; however, you can most definitely use homemade apple pie filling too. It works perfectly, honestly you can use any pie filling you prefer so you can make a variety of flavors too.
Even adding a drizzle of caramel would be a great option for this easy recipe too.
What do you need for Air Fryer Apple Pies?
- Refrigerated Pie Crust/Dough (2 Crust)
- Canned Apple Pie Filling
- Ground Cinnamon
- Granulated Sugar
- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil Spray
That’s all you need to make these Air Fryer Apple Pies, the best part is they will be nice and warm, plus ready to serve in just 8 minutes!
If you enjoy these, you’ll love these Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls too.
Easy Air Fryer Apple Pies
- 2 9- inch Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 21 oz Canned Apple Pie Filling
- Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Eggs
- Granulated Sugar
- Powdered Sugar Optional
- Begin by rolling out the pie crust and cutting it into fourths, each pie crust should make 2 smaller handheld apple pies, which with both will make 4 total.
- On half of the pie crust (2 of the 1/4 pieces), add apple pie filling and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- Using the half that does not have pie filling on it, use those as the top crust, and secure each one on top of the apple pie filling by securing with the edges of the fork. See the photos above for step-by-step.
- Repeat for all remaining pies, should make 4 handheld pies.
- Coat the basket of an air fryer with olive oil spray or coconut oil spray and place the pie inside.
- Brush the top of each pie with the beaten eggs.
- Combine equal parts cinnamon and sugar and then sprinkle it evenly on top of each pie. (A tablespoon of each should be enough.)
- Air Fryer at 360*F for 8 minutes, it is best to flip the pie after 4 minutes to evenly cook on each side.
- Serve topped with powdered sugar or served with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
Did I read that right?!? Almost 700 calories for ONE?!?
Sometimes it varies depending on the ingredients you use, but it’s essentially a double-crusted pie, so it’s likely pretty close to that.
How do you keep the dough from sticking to the rack when cooking. Tried several times but the pies tore all to pieces when trying to get them out.
Thanks for a reply on the fried pies
You can spray the basket with some grapeseed oil spray to help them from sticking, also you can use some parchment paper that is made for air fryer baskets too, here is the link – https://www.amazon.com/s?k=air+fryer+parchment+paper&ref=nb_sb_noss. I find this helps a lot too!