Make the BEST Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos in your Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi in minutes!
Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos may be one of my all-time favorite meals! I’m not even a huge shrimp fan but something about these screams summer to me.
It’s a light meal that is super easy to customize, but I will say that I really feel like the coleslaw mix we use for these just makes the taco.
It adds a nice burst of flavor to the tacos plus veggies too!
Tips for Making Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos:
First, it’s best to use small or medium shrimp that is tail-off and deveined. It’s much easier to chew these when you aren’t pulling a tail off your shrimp.
Once you have your shrimp, you can easily mix it with either homemade taco seasoning or a store-bought package and then cook it in the air fryer.
Next is the coleslaw mix, this is a lemon-lime coleslaw dressing paired with bagged coleslaw. I like to buy a bag that has red cabbage in it, which is a great addition to these tacos.
Once you have your dressing combined, mix it up with the bagged coleslaw and you have a great coleslaw for your tacos.
We top ours with freshly chopped cilantro and Cotija Cheese.
As for the shell, corn tortillas are most commonly used for these. It’s best to warm up the tortilla in the microwave first to make them more pliable. We also double the tortillas, so we put two corn tortillas together to make the shell a bit more durable since corn tortillas tear easily.
Once you have your shrimp done, you will stuff the taco with coleslaw mix and shrimp, and then cook the tortilla in the air fryer for just a few minutes to make it slightly crispy.
We love to have the coleslaw slightly warmed, but this is totally up to you if you do not just cook the tortillas and then stuff them with coleslaw before serving.
Can you make these as Ninja Foodi Shrimp Tacos?
These can easily be made in a Ninja Foodi using the Air Crisp function. They would be prepared and cooked the same way with the Air Crisp Function.
Now it’s time to enjoy a great meal with Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos!
Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- 1 Bag Small Shrimp, Cooked, Peeled & Deveined (Usually about 50 Small Shrimp in a Bag, Medium work too.)
- 2 Tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning or Package Taco Seasoning
- Corn Tortillas
- Toppings – Cotija Cheese, Red Onions, Cilantro,
- 1 Package Coleslaw with Red Cabbage
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Celery Seed
- 1 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Small Lime
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Begin by combining the shrimp with the taco seasoning in a bowl to fully coat the shrimp. The shrimp can be defrosted or simply use cold water to get any of the ice off.
- Coat the air fryer basket with grapeseed oil spray.
- Evenly place the shrimp in the air fryer basket and cook at 360*F for 10 minutes, carefully open and stir up the shrimp. Add about 2 extra minutes if needed to fully cook.
- While the shrimp is cooking, combine the coleslaw ingredients. Make the dressing in a small bowl, combining the mayo, mustard, onion powder, sugar, celery seed, cider vinegar, lemon juice, juice from the lime, and pepper. Mix this up well with a whisk.
- Pour the bagged coleslaw mix in a medium sized bowl then fully coat with the dressing. Set aside or chill in the fridge while preparing the shrimp.
- Once the shrimp is done, using corn tortilla – heat these up for about 30 seconds in the microwave to make them more pliable – then use 2 tortillas to layer them and add some coleslaw mix and shrimp to the tortilla.
- Place the stuffed tortilla (this would be 2 tortillas together) in the basket of the air fryer. Continue to do this for the remaining tacos to fill the air fryer basket.
- Once done, cook in the air fryer at 360*F for 3-5 minutes until the tortillas are toasted.
- Carefully remove and serve topped with Cotija Cheese and Cilantro.