Air Fryer Sausage Rolls are the perfect choice for breakfast!
If you love these Air Fryer Sausage Patties then you will really love these sausage rolls.
These are made with fresh sausage and a flaky puff pastry, the perfect combination when served warm out of the air fryer.
How long does it take to cook Air Fryer Sausage Rolls?
This will vary depending on the method that you use, but for this recipe, these are ready to eat in about 10 minutes.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Sausage Rolls:
They are going to have to be made in batches in the Air Fryer or if you have the Air Fryer option in your oven, then you may be able to make more at once.
We use Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets to make these and use both sheets.
Once you have the sheets defrosted per the instructions on the box, then you will cut out 6 rectangles from each sheet, totaling 12 rectangles.
Each rectangle will be filled with the sausage mixture and then folded over to seal them. Once sealed, it will be topped with an egg washed, and cooked in the air fryer.
Think of it as folding a tortilla for a burrito, that is how I folded these.
Can these be made gluten-free?
These are not gluten-free, I have not tried these with a gluten-free alternative as I haven’t found anything close to a puff pastry that is gluten-free.
If you are able to find something that would work similarly to puff pastry then for sure you could give it a try. This gluten-free puff pastry from scratch would be a good start.
Do you need to use parchment paper in the air fryer?
If you do not use parchment paper or silicone liners, then you would want to spray the air fryer with grapeseed oil spray.
These silicone liners though are the absolute best option for lining the air fryer.
Time to enjoy this tasty Air Fryer Recipe!
Air Fryer Sausage Rolls
- 2 Puff Pastries (1 Box)
- 1 Lb Pork Sausage
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Tbsp Water
- If not already, defrost the pastries per the box instructions and unroll.
- Cut the pastries with a pizza cutter into 6 rectangles per sheet, so 12 total.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the ground sausage, parsley, and garlic.
- Carefully stretch the pastry dough just a bit, then fill the center with the sausage mixture just enough to fill it similar size to a small round sausage.
- Then fold over the pastry dough to fully cover the sausage.
- Place this in a greased air fryer basket, use grapeseed oil spray to grease it or use parchment paper.
- Once they are in the basket, carefully combine the egg and water to make an egg wash.
- Use a brush and brush on each pastry.
- Sprinkle with additional dried parsley.
- Cook in the air fryer at 390*F for 8-10 minutes, and turn them at the halfway mark.
- In order to be fully done the sausage needs to be at least 165*F internal temperature.
- Carefully remove and serve or save for later and reheat. Continue for remaining batches.