Teach the kids how to make these easy Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket!
Over the past many months with the kids home, we’ve been doing some very easy little lunch items in our air fryer like Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket!
Many of these are things that typically, we might not have eaten but being home all summer, plus the spring…I’ve tried to teach my kids some super quick and easy meals they can make.
These Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket are the perfect go-to for kids, with your supervision of course!
My daughter had seen a YouTube video of Pigs in a Blanket…yes we’ve watched WAY too much YouTube these past few months…and she wanted to make them.
I decided to try them out in the Air Fryer and they worked perfectly in just a few minutes too!
What do you need for Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket?
This is the best part because you only need TWO ingredients:
- Crescent Rolls
- Little Sausages AKA Lit’l Smoked Sausages
It really does not matter what brand or type you buy, we like to get the Turkey Sausages to save a few calories but really it doesn’t matter for this recipe.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket:
The key to making the perfect pigs in a blanket is that you need to cut the crescent roll after you unroll the dough. One crescent roll will make 2 pigs in a blanket.
When you unroll the crescent roll dough, you will just cut each crescent roll dough in half down the middle. This will give you enough dough for 16 smoked sausages.
The next thing you will do once each sausage has been rolled is coat the air fryer basket with some olive oil cooking spray, then place the pigs in a blanket inside.
I like to spray the top with another coat of cooking spray. Once this is done, shut the lid or the air fryer and cook at 390 degrees for 5-8 minutes. S
ince all air fryers heat differently, start checking on them at 5 minutes.
We found that the first batch we did took 8 minutes without pre-heating the air fryer, and the second batch took about 5 minutes with the air fryer pre-heated.
Can these be made in a Ninja Foodi?
Remember these can be made as Ninja Foodi Pigs in a Blanket too. The same method will be followed with a Ninja Foodi using the air crisp function.
If you enjoy these you will love these Air Fryer Pizza Rolls too!
Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 8- Count Crescent Rolls
- 16 Little Smoked Sausages
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Begin by placing the crescent roll dough flat on a cutting board and cut each one in half to create the 16 slices of dough.
- Roll each little sausage in the dough.
- Coat the air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place each pig in a blanket inside giving about an inch of room on the sides to expand. We had to do this in 2 batches to do all 16.
- Add another coat of olive oil cooking spray to the top of the rolls.
- Air Fry or Air Crisp at 390 degrees for 5-8 minutes. Check on them at 5 minutes and if not done, allow the additional few minutes until nice and brown.
- Carefully remove and serve.
- Remember if you do another batch right after it will take less time because the air fryer is already hot.
Linda Lewis says
Going by this the first batch was completely burned. 👍
Did you check them at 5 minutes? And was the air fryer preheated before? These need to go into the air fryer cold.
My friend uses full sized hot dogs and sprinkles the crescents with everything bagel seasoning before cooking. They are delicious.
Shari Smith says
Made these last night and checked them at 5 minutes and they were done, tasted great and melted in my mouth
Mike Williams says
I just tried these, I preheated the air fryer to 390F, placed 18 pigs in, I got two extra from somewhere. I checked after six minutes and the tops were perfect, turned them over for another two minutes and they came out perfect. Thanks, much easier and faster than toaster oven.
Can these be frozen and reheated?
I think the bread would probably not come out right if reheated.
Can you use cheese in these?
Yes you could.