Make a tasty treat with these Air Fryer Fried Ravioli that is easy to make gluten-free too!
Air Fryer Fried Ravioli is SO good and easy to make either traditionally or gluten-free. It is totally up to you!
This recipe is going to be made very similar to Air Fried Eggplant, but instead of eggplant, you will be using ravioli.
How do you make Gluten-Free Air Fryer Fried Ravioli?
If you want to make this gluten-free a few swaps will be needed. First, you will need to use a gluten-free ravioli. I typically find this at Whole Foods or Sprouts.
For this recipe, I used a 20oz package, so you would need more of the gluten-free since they are sold in smaller packages.
These 3 swaps are necessary if you plan to make this gluten-free.
Do you need oil for the Air Fried Ravioli?
These are not deep-fried; however, you will need some oil spray to coat the ravioli. It does need a bit to get crispy, this will be the case with almost all air-fried foods.
I like to use Pompeian Olive Oil Cooking Spray; however, if you prefer to use a higher smoke point spray, go with grapeseed or avocado oil spray. Pompeian makes a variety and they are my all-time favorite.
I use them daily in the air fryer and have never had a problem with any of them.
The ravioli will get a nice coat of spray that will give it the browned coloring along with the crisp texture.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Fried Ravioli:
This may need to be done in batches if you do the whole bag of ravioli. The measurements in the recipe card are needed to make the full 20oz bag, if you prefer to do half of that, simply cut all the amounts in 1/2.
Cooking oil spray is absolutely necessary to get them the browned and crispy texture.
Remember to cook them in even layers as well in the air fryer. These are great dipped in marinara sauce.
Now it’s time to try these tasty treats with Air Fryer Fried Ravioli!
- 20oz Cheese Ravioli (or Gluten-Free Ravioli)
- 4 Eggs, Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Regular or Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Regular or Gluten-Free Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Cooking Oil Spray (Olive Oil, Avocado, Grapeseed, Etc)
- Marinara Sauce, Optional
- Add the flour to a small bowl, set it aside.
- In another bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them well.
- Lastly, mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, and seasoning in a third bowl.
- Preheat the air fryer at 390*F for 5 minutes.
- Coat the air fryer with a cooking oil spray of your choice before adding the ravioli.
- Dip each ravioli in the flour, shake off the excess.
- Coat fully with egg, shake off the excess.
- Coat fully with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place in the greased air fryer and continue for the remaining ravioli. This will likely need to be done in batches to do the entire 20oz bag. This recipe can be halved as well.
- Once the ravioli is in the air fryer, coat it with a coat of cooking oil spray.
- Cook in the air fryer at 390*F for 5 minutes.
- If it has some floury spots when removing, coat again with cooking oil spray.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
This recipe is for the full 20oz bag of ravioli, if you prefer to make half the bag, cut each amount in half.
To make this gluten-free, use gluten-free ravioli, gluten-free flour, and gluten-free breadcrumbs.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g