In less than 10 minutes make a great breakfast with Air Fryer Eggs in a Basket!
Air Fryer Eggs in a Basket is a great go-to for breakfast, perfect for the whole family.
This recipe is made based on this original recipe for Air Fried Eggs, but now we are adding toast right to it. This is great paired with Air Fryer Bacon too.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Eggs in a Basket:
I have tried this recipe at a variety of temperatures and 390*F seemed to be the sweet spot for my Ninja Foodi Air Fryer.
Remember that all air fryers tend to heat differently, so it is very important to watch it closely the first time that you make this in your air fryer.
In regards to cooking times, 7 minutes will yield a more well-done egg and 5 minutes will be a runny yolk, again watch it carefully so that you get the egg to come out to your preferred doneness.
These are made in a cold air fryer that was not preheated, once you make one you may need to adjust the time as your air fryer will then be warm.
Air Fryer Eggs in a Basket are great to make for 1-2 people; however, if you are making Eggs in a Basket for a crowd, then I suggest this oven version.
Can you use foil in the air fryer?
The air fryer works just like your oven, so if you can use it in the oven, then typically you can use it in the air fryer. This is the case with aluminum foil.
The key is that you do not want it to fully cover the basket of the air fryer or the air will not circulate. For this recipe, you will just need a small sheet of foil to fit under the toast so that the egg stays where it should during the cooking time.
As always, read your manual first to be certain you can use it in your specific machine, I used a Ninja Foodi Air Fryer for this recipe.
Time to enjoy Air Fryer Eggs in a Basket!
Air Fryer Eggs in a Basket
- 4 Slices Bread
- 4 Eggs
- Aluminum Foil
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut the center out of the slice of toast.
- Butter the toast.
- Place the slice of toast on a sheet of foil that will fit neatly under it in the air fryer basket.
- Place the toast with the foil into the basket of the air fryer. (Air Fryer is NOT pre-heated for this recipe.)
- Crack an egg into a measuring cup.
- Carefully pour the egg into the center of the toast.
- Air Fry at 390*F for 5-7 minutes, this needs to be checked on throughout cooking to determine the doneness of the egg. (7 minutes would be well done, not runny, while 5-6 minutes would be a runny yolk.)
- Continue the process for each slice of toast and also for the centers if you prefer.