Make these delicious Air Fryer Cornbread Muffins, plus they can be made gluten-free too in minutes!
We love to make these Air Fryer Cornbread Muffins and pair them with Ninja Foodi Beef and Vegetable Soup, such a great option for a quick dinner.
These are easy to make by adapting this Cornbread recipe into muffins.
What type of muffin liners should you use in the Air Fryer?
These Silicone Cupcake Liners are the BEST for the Air Fryer, they are easy to use and you do not need to use any baking spray or cooking spray.
The muffins will pop right out of these without sticking at all, plus you can easily fit them into just about any machine since they are not hooked together in any way.
How do you make Gluten-Free Air Fryer Cornbread Muffins?
These can be made gluten-free with a few swaps that include flour and cornmeal.
Cornmeal is naturally gluten-free, but as always you need to check the labels because many companies cross-contaminate, so be sure to use gluten-free cornmeal.
Next, you will want to use a 1:1 Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour. I used Better Batter; however, King Arthur works really well too. This is totally up to you just be sure that you can replace a cup for a cup.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Cornbread Muffins:
The muffin liners can be filled all the way to the top, this will yield just about 12 muffins. If you use less then you will have smaller muffins but you will make more.
It does need to be done in batches depending on the size of your machine.
I did these in 2-3 batches.
The time and temperature will vary depending on the heat of your machine as well. Ours cooked perfectly at 350*F for 10 minutes. I suggest checking in on them at 8 minutes.
Can you use Jiffy Cornbread Mix in the Air Fryer?
Jiffy Cornbread Mix can be prepared and then cooked in the air fryer. The method will be the same as the recipe below; however, you will be using the Jiffy Box Mix.
We cook them at 350*F for 10 minutes using the Silicone Muffin Liners.
The mix that I’m focusing on today is made from scratch; however, it does work the same way as it would with a box mix.
Time for some tasty Air Fryer Cornbread Muffins!
Air Fryer Cornbread Muffins
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour or Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- Silicone Cupcake Molds
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and eggs.
- Add in the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the milk until you fully combine the batter.
- Use silicone cupcake molds and fill each mold to the top.
- Add into the basket of the air fryer as many as will fit your basket keeping about an inch or so space between the molds.
- Air Fryer at 350*F for 8-10 minutes or until when poked with a toothpick the toothpick comes out clean.
- Carefully remove and let cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes, then release from the mold.
- Continue the process for additional batches if needed.