Make these delicious Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donuts, perfect in just 8 minutes!
These donuts will use Canned Biscuits as the base, and they work out so well…it’s sugary goodness! If you are looking for a more plain variety of donuts, check out these Air Fryer Donuts with Biscuits.
This particular recipe is going to focus on Cinnamon Sugar, these will be coated with butter and a cinnamon sugar topping…nothing like a sweet treat for breakfast!
What type of canned biscuits should you use for Air Fryer Donuts?
My favorite biscuits to use are Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers, these work out so well and give a great layered texture to the donuts.
I am brand loyal to Pillsbury when it comes to these, I’ve used a variety of generic brands and none of them hold up as Pillsbury does.
It’s important to remember though, that these are donuts made from biscuits, so they are still at the core a biscuit…don’t expect to taste a fried donut. Don’t get me wrong, they are still wonderful and a great alternative but it’s not exactly the same either.
How do you cut the center of the donut?
The center of the donut can be cut using a round cookie cutter, but really anything round and sharp enough to cut through the dough will work.
I used a Wilton 1M Cake Tip to cut the center of these, I pressed it in and then just pulled the dough out and had a little donut hole.
The donut holes can be cooked in the Air Fryer too if you prefer, we wouldn’t want any part of the donut to go wasted, right?
Tips for Making Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donuts:
These donuts will need to be cooled for about 5 minutes, then coated with melted butter. The butter is easiest to coat onto the donuts by using a brush and brushing it on.
Once the butter is brushed onto the donut, dip the donuts into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat them well on all sides.
The mixture can be made with a combination of granulated sugar and ground cinnamon or you can purchase already made cinnamon sugar at the store as well.
This is one of the quickest ways to make donuts in the morning, other than going to the donut shop of course!
Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- 1 8- Pack Can of Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits
- Grapeseed Oil Spray
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- Spray the air fryer basket with the oil spray.
- Place the biscuits on a cutting board and use a small round cookie cutter to cut the center to form the donut.
- Place 4 donuts in the air fryer basket or as many that will fit.
- Add in the donut holes where they will fit as well.
- Cook at 360 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Carefully remove and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Repeat for any remaining donuts.
- Place the butter in a shallow dish, melt if needed.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Use a brush and brush the butter onto the donut, coating it well.
- Then, dip in the cinnamon sugar mixture to fully coat.
- Repeat with all donuts and donut holes.
- Serve immediatly or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.