Make a smaller serving of your favorite party mix with this Air Fryer Chex Mix, it’s easy to make gluten-free too!
Do you love a good Chex Mix for the holidays? We sure do. This Air Fryer Chex Mix is perfect to pair with these Air Fryer Seasoned Pretzels.
In order to make this Air Fryer Chex Mix, you can mix and match some of your favorites, but you’ll want to basically cut the original Chex Mix recipe in half to fit in your air fryer.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Chex Mix:
This can be made gluten-free or regular depending on your personal preference and needs. If you do plan to make it gluten-free, the main difference will be using gluten-free pretzels.
We used to make this as kids with my grandma, she always called it ‘goop’. She would literally put anything in the cupboards in it, so you can get creative too. It was always a surprise of what would be in grandma’s goop each year!
She would also go heavy on the Worcestershire sauce, which actually just made it so much better. That means in my opinion, the more the better!
This recipe can be made in a traditional Air Fryer or added to your list of Ninja Foodi Recipes.
It’s best to use aluminum foil in the air fryer to make sure the ingredients don’t fall through the holes in your air fryer basket. If using foil, be sure to roll the sides up so that the air is still circulating in the air fryer.
The cook time for this recipe is going to vary because all air fryers heat differently. It’s best to cook this at 350*F for 3 minutes, then stir it up and add an additional 3 minutes. In my Ninja Foodi Air Fryer, this takes about 6-7 minutes to fully cook.
We like ours to be crispy too even a little burnt on the sides.
What do you need for Air Fryer Chex Mix?
- Rice Chex Cereal
- Honey Roasted Peanuts
- Gluten-Free or Regular Pretzels
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Seasoned Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
Remember as stated before, you can alter these ingredients some and use what you have on hand too, sometimes we’d have Fruit Loops or Honey Combs in our mix growing up, even Bugles are good in it too.
Our batch of Air Fryer Chex Mix sure didn’t last long, we set it out after making it and it was gone in a day, but it was also the perfect smaller portion size to share among a family of 4.
If you are making a large batch for gifts or family members, then it would make more sense to do it as a traditional mix in the oven to cook a larger batch.
Enjoy this tasty Air Fryer Chex Mix!
Air Fryer Chex Mix (Gluten-Free)
- 3 Cups Rice or Corn Chex Cereal
- 1 Cup Cheerios or Oat Cereal
- 1/2 Cup Pretzels
- 1/2 Cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Dash of Onion Powder
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the Chex, Cheerios, Pretzels, Peanuts, mix it well together.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter, then whisk in the Worcestershire Sauce, Seasoned Salt, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil to fit in the Air Fryer, roll up on the sides so that the air can still circulate.
- Spray the foil with olive oil cooking spray and evenly pour the mix into the air fryer, right on top of the foil.
- Evenly pour the butter mixture over the snack mix.
- Using the air fryer, cook at 350* for 3 minutes, stir it up, and then cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until your desired doneness.