Make a delicious snack with these Air Fryer Avocado Fries, easy to make gluten-free too!
Do you love avocados? I’ve found that these are very much a love it or hate it food. My husband loves them, so I decided to adapt my Air Fryer Eggplant recipe to make Air Fryer Avocado Fries, it worked wonderfully!
Avocado Fries are a great, crispy, and savory option for snacking paired with some Homemade Ranch Dressing to dip them in.
What do you need to make Air Fryer Avocado Fries?
- Regular or Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- Regular or Gluten-Free Panko Breadcrumbs
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cooking Oil Spray or Choice
This is all you need to make these tasty Air Fryer Avocado Fries!
Tips for Making Air Fryer Avocado Fries:
The avocados need to first be peeled and cut in half. Once cut in half cut each half lengthwise to make strips or ‘fries’. Set these aside and continue on with the rest of the avocados, this made about 24-30 avocado fries.
If you do not need that many just cut down the amounts.
Once this is done, you will want to go ahead and prepare each bowl of ingredients per the recipe card. Be sure that when you are dipping each avocado that you coat them fully with egg.
If there is a part of the egg that is not covering the avocado the breadcrumb mixture will not stick.
It’s also best to coat the air fryer with cooking oil spray and then coat the avocado fries again when cooking. This light spray of oil will let them brown up and not be floury.
I almost always use Pompeian olive oil spray and have never found it to be an issue; however, if you prefer a higher heat spray use avocado oil spray or grapeseed oil spray.
The process is simple but remember that if it’s the first time making these, be sure to watch closely as all air fryers heat differently.
Enjoy these delicious Air Fryer Avocado Fries!
- 3 Avocados
- 1 Cup Regular or Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs, Beaten (*See Note*)
- 2 Cups Regular or Gluten-Free Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt to Taste
- Cooking oil spray of choice
- Begin by carefully pealing the Avocado. Slice each avocado in half and then again lengthwise to make the fries.
- Prepare a bowl with the beaten eggs.
- A second bowl with the flour.
- A third bowl with the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese mixed together.
- Coat the air fryer basket with the cooking oil spray of choice (Avocado or Grapeseed Oil)
- Dip each avocado slice in the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Fully coat with eggs.
- Dip and coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place each avocado evenly into the air fryer.
- Once all avocados have been placed in the air fryer, add an additional coat of cooking oil spray.
- Air Fryer at 390*F for 10 minutes, carefully rotate the avocados after 5 minutes, and add an additional coat of cooking oil spray, this will get them browned and not floury.
- Salt just before serving to taste.
- Serve warm.
- Remember this may have to be done in batches due to the size of the air fryer.
Start with the ingredients listed above, add additional eggs, flour, or breadcrumbs if needed to complete all batches.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g