Make a tasty batch of Air Fried Cheese Curds that are also easy to make gluten-free too!
If you love a good snack then these Air Fried Cheese Curds are going to be a perfect choice. These were literally gone in our house within 20 minutes of cooking them!
I ended up making another batch again a few days later, they are just a great snack.
How do you make Air Fried Cheese Curds gluten-free?
If you need to make a gluten-free version, just do a few swaps. Use a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour, I use Better Batter, but any all-purpose flour will do.
Then, you also need to use gluten-free breadcrumbs. These are the only swaps you need, the rest will be naturally gluten-free but as always be sure to check all ingredients.
Tips for Making Air Fried Cheese Curds:
The biggest tip when doing any type of air fryer cheese is to freeze the cheese first. So these cheese curds will have been frozen for about an hour before breading them.
Once they are breaded, freeze them again for another 10 minutes or so to get them hardened up. This will keep them from melting too much during the cooking time and seeping out of the breading.
If that does happen, don’t despair, they will still taste just as good!
Freezing them before and after though does help, the longer you freeze them, the better.
The breading has Italian seasoning in it, but you can also add garlic salt or extra seasonings that you prefer too. It’s easy to get creative with this recipe and the flavoring of the breading.
Also, it’s good to note that these do need to be dipped in egg before the breadcrumb mixture and any part of the cheese curd that isn’t coated in egg, will not get breaded. So be sure to fully coat them.
It’s also necessary to use a cooking oil spray, if you prefer a high heat spray use grapeseed or coconut. I like to use Pompeian Olive Oil Spray and that has always worked fine for me but it is not as high heat as grapeseed.
Any part of of the cheese curd that looks floury, just give it a little spray and it will brown up nicely.
Can you make these in the Ninja Foodi?
These can be made just the same in the Ninja Foodi as Ninja Foodi Cheese Curds, you would use the air crisp basket and function of the Ninja Foodi.
Now it’s time for a great snack with these easy Air Fried Cheese Curds!
Air Fried Cheese Curds (Gluten-Free)
- 8 oz Cheese Curds
- 4 Eggs Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Cooking Oil Spray of Choice
- Begin by freezing the cheese curds in the freezer for about 1 hour at least before making these.
- Once they are frozen, prepare 3 bowls.
- One bowl with flour.
- Another bowl with the beaten eggs.
- Lastly, a bowl with the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Dip each cheese curd in the flour, shake off the excess.
- Coat completely with egg.
- Roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a plate and continue to do the remaining cheese curds.
- Place the cheese curds back in the freezer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Once frozen, spray the air fryer basket with a cooking oil spray of choice.
- Place the cheese curds evenly in the air fryer.
- Cook at 390*F for 5-8 minutes, coating them with additional spray if needed. If they look floury, add more spray.
- Cook until browned.