Make a delicious crunchy treat with these Air Fryer Apple Fries, easy to make in the Ninja Foodi too!
One of our favorites to make in the Air Fryer is Air Fryer Apple Fries, they are the perfect blend of sweet and crunchy.
These Air Fryer Apple Fries pair wonderfully with this Homemade Caramel Sauce.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Apple Fries:
This recipe works the best using green, Granny Smith Apples. These hold their shape the best when cooked, plus have a great tart flavor that blends well with the ingredients.
It’s also a must to serve these right out of the air fryer, shortly after cooking. Due to the moisture they do not reheat or store well, so make them just before serving.
If you want to have less clean-up, use parchment paper for your air fryer or silicone mats. These work well in the air fryer plus have a variety of sizes for each machine.
As always, remember that all air fryer machines heat differently so be sure to watch them closely the first time you try these.
Can you make these gluten-free?
This recipe is easy to make gluten-free with a few swaps. First, be sure to use a Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour.
I almost always use Better Batter; however, you can use a gluten-free flour of your choice that is a 1:1 swap.
Next, it’s important to use gluten-free graham cracker crumbs. I linked to the one that I use, these can be found most times at your local grocery store or Sprouts.
Can you make Ninja Foodi Apple Fries?
This recipe can be made in the Ninja Foodi using the air crisp basket and the air crisp function. The instructions will be exactly the same simply use the air crisp function.
This also means you would use the lid that is attached to the Ninja Foodi, the crisper lid.
Time to enjoy a tasty treat!
Air Fryer Apple Fries
- 3 Large Granny Smith Apples
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- Caramel Sauce for Dipping
- Grapeseed Oil Cooking Spray or Coconut Oil Cooking Spray High Heat Spray
- Peel, core, and slice each apple into 8 wedges.
- Prepare a dredging station, place the flour into one shallow dish.
- Crack the eggs into a second dish and beat with a fork.
- In a third dish, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Place a sheet pan or large plate next to the graham cracker crumbs dish.
- Dip each apple slice into the flour, tap off the excess.
- Dip it into the egg and let the excess egg drip off.
- Coat with the graham cracker crumbs, pressing them firmly onto the apple.
- Place on a baking sheet and repeat for the remaining apples.
- Coat with the cooking oil spray of your choice.
- Preheat the air fryer at 380*F for 3 minutes.
- Line the basket with parchment if preferred.
- Cook in the air fryer or air crisp for the Ninja Foodi for 5-7 minutes, it's best to flip them after about 3 minutes to the other side.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool slightly before serving with warm caramel sauce.
Oh I’ve been meaning to make something like these in the hopes of encouraging my kids to eat more fruit.
Thank you for sharing your recipe. I’ve pinned it for later.
Bridie @ Heart, Heath and Crafting
Donna @ Modern on Monticello says
I have only had my Air Fryer for two weeks and everything has been fantastic so far. I can’t wait to try out your apple recipe. Thanks for sharing such delicious and inspiring recipes each week. This post will be a feature this week. #HomeMattersParty
I could be accustomed to to a blog called “Air Fryer Fanatics” since I resemble one. Thank you for current and subsequential recipe(s).
Donna Sharp says
OMGAWD! These are AH-mazeballs! We just tried them and this is definitely a do over. We had them with Marzetti’s Caramel Dip. Messy to make, but totally worth it!