Make the perfect fall breakfast with this Air Fryer Pumpkin French Toast!
If you are dreaming of that cool, crisp fall air and the smells of pumpkin and apples drifting through the air, then you are my kind of person. This Air Fryer Pumpkin French Toast will be perfect for your breakfast routine!
I am absolutely dreaming of that while it’s still 100 degrees here in Oklahoma!
One way that I’m going to welcome fall is by making a batch of this Air Fryer Pumpkin French Toast. This recipe can be made in the Air Fryer and Ninja Foodi.
What bread should you use for Air Fryer French Toast?
The best type of bread for french toast is thick-sliced bread such as Texas Toast.
This is going to yield the best thick slices of french toast that are not soggy. The goal is to get a nice crispy outside and not soggy toast.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Pumpkin French Toast:
As mentioned above be sure to use thick sliced bread to make this french toast.
The bread is then going to be sliced into thirds, so think of french toast sticks. It’s important to leave room around each slice so that the air circulates fully around the toast.
This is what will help get those sides crispy and not soggy. Also, be sure to keep the bread dipped for about 10 seconds in the egg mixture to really soak in but not oversoak.
The important part of french toast is getting the best mixture of crispy and soft all in one.
This is a wonderful choice for breakfast and it’s so simple to make with a side of Air Fryer Sausage.
I’d even suggest pairing it with your own Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte too!
Air Fryer Pumpkin French Toast
- 4 Slices Thick White Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add the packed brown sugar and pumpkin puree, whisk until blended.
- Sprinkle in the pumpkin spice and milk.
- Mix it up well.
- Slice each piece of bread into thirds.
- Take one of the pieces of bread and soak in the egg mixture for 10 seconds.
- Flip and soak the other side.
- Put the bread in the basket of the air fryer.
- Repeat for the remaining pieces.
- It’s important to be sure to leave room around the pieces so that it cooks evenly.
- Cook in the air fryer at 370*F for 4 minutes.
- Carefully flip each piece and cook 2 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup, butter, or powdered sugar.